Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Avatar RP site.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Few Suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Arack

Arack

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:53 pm

IC Suggestions:

Pro-Bending Tournaments: Alright we have pro-bending but as of now it doesn't really make much sense. Why not put it to use for a tournament system? Now I'm not saying the current system we have would disappear, people would still be able to post topics there and particapte in matches freely even if they weren't in a tournament or there wasn't one going on. But every once in a while we'd have a tournament which would be posted and people could sign-up there. Like in the anime we'd have teams such as the Fire Ferrets but during Pro-Bending tournaments you'd make your own. You could team up with your friends, make a team name, and have a mascot though most likely it would be limited down to the mascot being a pet or nothing but there could be a mascot creation center. In the tournaments we would have rewards such as weapons, pieces of armor, etc. And if this gets approved one of the rewards could be...

Being Forms: Before I say how this could be a reward I'd like to explain about being forms. Being Forms would be combined mostly with the spirit world and bending. It'd be where you'd unleash all your connections with the spirit world and bending techinques into one and go into a special form with it's own advantages as well as disadvantages. The form would have a post limit, keeping in mind the limit must be reasonable as in no super long forms so you don't go on a rampage, in which it would start and end. For advantages things like stronger bending around these parts or the esscense of spirits gracing your weapons, or being able to have special abilties such as airbenders can fly or if they already can fly somewhat faster then usual or firebenders could go into a frenzy in which they would be able to summon fire around their foes preventing them from escaping combat. Also the disadvantages could be something like weaknesses to one thing, say you were a firebender, while you'd gain an advantage aganist earth when in defense you would lose whatever defense you had to water. Now this could be a reward say if the tournament had some special story plot, such as the arena was held hostage by an evil spirit and if you won you'd be able to access his powers for a short while. It doesn't have to be limited to that obviously, as that would be baiscully an extreme act that would only happen once or twice and the fact that it would get boring if that happened about every single time when a tournament started.

Learning Sub-Bending: Alright currently it doesn't make much sense to say be learning about metal-bending when in reality you can't do crap with it yet. This is my solution. If you get up to a said amount of posts, 50, 100, etc, then you would be able to access special privlages to learn your sub-element providing proggesion to obtaining it. While it wouldn't be nessacry you could if you wanted, allowing access to some things such as metal bending, water healing, use of lightning, all that nice stuff early. But of course this wouldn't mean people with a said amount of posts could just go around controlling metal fully, shooting eight thousand bolts of lightning per second, and healing the sickest person in all of the Avatar universe. By learning these you'd baiscully be doing level one main bending only downed down. While learning you'd have enough strength to get close to perhaps bending an empty metal can of soda, healing a scartch from a cat in which it will only scab over, and shoot enough lightning to charge something as fast as a single hamster could. While it isn't much it's to ensure that getting through your first day in training (plot only as of yet) wouldn't allow you be able to power up the entire city with a single zap of a bolt and bend an entire skyscraper into nothing but rubble within a second. Now if your character for some odd reason can abousletly not go out into a public place where every normal bender trains your plot for training could be some dark secret alley where every pyschopath is taught by a crime lord to become the darkest bender ever and blah blah blah.

Non-Bender Advantages: Let's be honest, we are going to have non-bending characters someday. And do you think it's fair for them to just get utterly owned by every bender on the site and be forced into being their servant/minion? For me no, I say balancing. By this I'm referring to weapons, advanced weapons to be exact. And by advanced weapons I mean guns, yes they had them in the anime. It'd be perfectly fine for each to wield guns, but benders would have less access to guns. If benders wanted to get guns it would be fine but it'd have to be either an extremly weak in some way or simply normal gun. Benders can have assault rifles and pistols, but they can't grab dual wield mini-guns that fire a thousand bullets per minute and can break through concrete walls because that would be unfair as they already can rely on their bending abilties. Non-benders would be able to make stronger advanced weapons so they would each be balanced out so the non-benders don't end up getting drowned in an ocean created by a waterbender while said waterbender fires sixty nine mini gun bullets through their head.

OOC Suggestions:

Gamer's Corner- We should have a part of the site for gamers in which they could review games honestly to make sure we don't waste our money, after all a community helps each other out right? There would be two types of reviewers, the first would be normal users. While they can post reviews they aren't to be taken profesionally, in other words they wouldn't be one of the reccomended gamers. This however affects them in not a lot of ways, there are no downs or ups in being a normal reviewer. It's simple as this, you aren't going to be taken serious by other users as much unless you have some really good reviews to show. Now the second kind would be more of a reccomended one who had been chosen by a staff member. He/she would first have to send their review of a game to a staff member or if the staff members don't really want to take the time to do so a person chosen by the staff member. If they like it they accept madem or sir reviewer and put them in a new usergroup for the special people who review stuff. These people would have no ups or downs either but would most likely be taken more seriosuly then someone not chosen. However whether you agree with them or not would be your choice, and you wouldn't be forced to do anything special to either review such as review them. Also there could be the same for movies, though would be seperate if not merged together for the usergroup.

Video Chamber- Baiscully the youtube bin of this site, for people to post videos they found online. Just don't go beserk on posting them and no consquences will come your way.

Fanfiction- It's a place to post your fanfictions about Avatar, Kingdom Hearts, or anything else you want. There's not much to it other then that so yeah...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

So those are my suggestions. Hope you like them.
Back to top Go down
Zone

Zone

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Pro-Bending: It was decided that because the site is new, we're not going to incorporate pro-bending until we're sure the way things are now work well. Don't worry, pro-bending will be a thing in the future. The site needs to grow a bit.

Forms: Well, the thing about the spirit world is that the Avatar is the being that bridges the spirit world and the regular world. The Avatar is the only person who is actually spiritual. Plus, the only version of "forms" that has been shown was with the Avatars.

Sub-Bending: We already have a progression system for sub-bending, and we're going to stick with it unless there's a big flaw we come across.

Non-Benders: There are non-benders in the show that can compete with benders, such as Mai. Non-benders can create any weapon they want, as long as it makes sense in the Avatarverse. And it doesn't make sense that a non-bender can hold two guns, but a bender can't. Besides, benders are naturally superior to non-benders because they can do something extra. That's how the universe works. It's up to non-benders to determine a way around that.

OOC Stuff: You can make a topic with those specifications in the Chatroom.

Back to top Go down
Azmot

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:36 pm

On the forms thing. I'd say we open that one up to discussion. We don't have to include spirits, do we? I mean, there are plenty of other ways to explain forms. And it wouldn't hurt to have a little something special in your pocket while your in a corner, huh?
Back to top Go down
Arack

Arack

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:12 pm

If the forms are/will be open up to discussion I'd say the best way to describe them would be focusing your inner-being someway whether you're a bender or not and channeling it into a specfic form though that's just my opinon.
Back to top Go down
Zone

Zone

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Doesn't make sense. We'd just be making up physics at that point. We could also then make it so we have suddenly have magic and can multi-bend.
Back to top Go down
Azmot

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:28 pm

Well, we could also say rage is allowing a performance of new actions, like in some real life cases allow. Or certain medications or mental states produce the same reaction. Even a split personality could induce a temporary boost. Really, it's all mental, Zone. Could you please elaborate how this is not possible?
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics
Bending: 50

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Arack wrote:
IC Suggestions:

Pro-Bending Tournaments: Alright we have pro-bending but as of now it doesn't really make much sense. Why not put it to use for a tournament system? Now I'm not saying the current system we have would disappear, people would still be able to post topics there and particapte in matches freely even if they weren't in a tournament or there wasn't one going on. But every once in a while we'd have a tournament which would be posted and people could sign-up there. Like in the anime we'd have teams such as the Fire Ferrets but during Pro-Bending tournaments you'd make your own. You could team up with your friends, make a team name, and have a mascot though most likely it would be limited down to the mascot being a pet or nothing but there could be a mascot creation center. In the tournaments we would have rewards such as weapons, pieces of armor, etc. And if this gets approved one of the rewards could be...

Will be incorporated in the future once we have more members. I don't see how we'll have more than one functioning team considering we only have one approved waterbender. Obviously, this is going to be incorporated into the site as is the rest of the Avatarverse as the site grows.

Being Forms: Before I say how this could be a reward I'd like to explain about being forms. Being Forms would be combined mostly with the spirit world and bending. It'd be where you'd unleash all your connections with the spirit world and bending techinques into one and go into a special form with it's own advantages as well as disadvantages. The form would have a post limit, keeping in mind the limit must be reasonable as in no super long forms so you don't go on a rampage, in which it would start and end. For advantages things like stronger bending around these parts or the esscense of spirits gracing your weapons, or being able to have special abilties such as airbenders can fly or if they already can fly somewhat faster then usual or firebenders could go into a frenzy in which they would be able to summon fire around their foes preventing them from escaping combat. Also the disadvantages could be something like weaknesses to one thing, say you were a firebender, while you'd gain an advantage aganist earth when in defense you would lose whatever defense you had to water. Now this could be a reward say if the tournament had some special story plot, such as the arena was held hostage by an evil spirit and if you won you'd be able to access his powers for a short while. It doesn't have to be limited to that obviously, as that would be baiscully an extreme act that would only happen once or twice and the fact that it would get boring if that happened about every single time when a tournament started.

The only form that has ever been shown in the show that I'm aware of is the Avatar state. If something slipped my mind then please let me know otherwise I don't understand how forms relate to the Avatar Universe.

Learning Sub-Bending: Alright currently it doesn't make much sense to say be learning about metal-bending when in reality you can't do crap with it yet. This is my solution. If you get up to a said amount of posts, 50, 100, etc, then you would be able to access special privlages to learn your sub-element providing proggesion to obtaining it. While it wouldn't be nessacry you could if you wanted, allowing access to some things such as metal bending, water healing, use of lightning, all that nice stuff early. But of course this wouldn't mean people with a said amount of posts could just go around controlling metal fully, shooting eight thousand bolts of lightning per second, and healing the sickest person in all of the Avatar universe. By learning these you'd baiscully be doing level one main bending only downed down. While learning you'd have enough strength to get close to perhaps bending an empty metal can of soda, healing a scartch from a cat in which it will only scab over, and shoot enough lightning to charge something as fast as a single hamster could. While it isn't much it's to ensure that getting through your first day in training (plot only as of yet) wouldn't allow you be able to power up the entire city with a single zap of a bolt and bend an entire skyscraper into nothing but rubble within a second. Now if your character for some odd reason can abousletly not go out into a public place where every normal bender trains your plot for training could be some dark secret alley where every pyschopath is taught by a crime lord to become the darkest bender ever and blah blah blah.

Only masters in the original series have been shown to metalbend. After all how can you bend the impurities of metal when you can't bend a rock? Sandbending is a more difficult art of Earthbending because it's more like water and not even all Earthbenders can master that due to it being a different art but I decided to just give it out instead of making it too complicated. Upon getting 1000 posts you basically get the 500 equivalent for those bending arts. Healing I had actually imagined that leveling up with you just as using ice. Which, I should really incorporate it but I'm working on decent levels to incorporate them since ice usage is difficult too message as is how much water can heal and how quickly at what levels. You can only lightning bend when you have peace of mind and how do we prevent every schmuck from saying, "Oh, I have inner peace."? We make it a limit and an art that needs to skill to be performed instead of something people can BS besides not being qualified to bend fire.

Non-Bender Advantages: Let's be honest, we are going to have non-bending characters someday. And do you think it's fair for them to just get utterly owned by every bender on the site and be forced into being their servant/minion? For me no, I say balancing. By this I'm referring to weapons, advanced weapons to be exact. And by advanced weapons I mean guns, yes they had them in the anime. It'd be perfectly fine for each to wield guns, but benders would have less access to guns. If benders wanted to get guns it would be fine but it'd have to be either an extremly weak in some way or simply normal gun. Benders can have assault rifles and pistols, but they can't grab dual wield mini-guns that fire a thousand bullets per minute and can break through concrete walls because that would be unfair as they already can rely on their bending abilties. Non-benders would be able to make stronger advanced weapons so they would each be balanced out so the non-benders don't end up getting drowned in an ocean created by a waterbender while said waterbender fires sixty nine mini gun bullets through their head.

As far as the creators of the show are concerned guns aren't even in existence yet and therefore aren't allowed on the site. Also, it's a choice to be a nonbender and even then there are some things that have been under construction to help them. Chi-blocking for example. However, still being worked on since we don't want people BSing this and saying, "Oh, I grazed your arm which makes your entire left side of the body shut down." Not to mention this technically can be available to benders too so we would have to make something for that as well.

OOC Suggestions:

Gamer's Corner- We should have a part of the site for gamers in which they could review games honestly to make sure we don't waste our money, after all a community helps each other out right? There would be two types of reviewers, the first would be normal users. While they can post reviews they aren't to be taken profesionally, in other words they wouldn't be one of the reccomended gamers. This however affects them in not a lot of ways, there are no downs or ups in being a normal reviewer. It's simple as this, you aren't going to be taken serious by other users as much unless you have some really good reviews to show. Now the second kind would be more of a reccomended one who had been chosen by a staff member. He/she would first have to send their review of a game to a staff member or if the staff members don't really want to take the time to do so a person chosen by the staff member. If they like it they accept madem or sir reviewer and put them in a new usergroup for the special people who review stuff. These people would have no ups or downs either but would most likely be taken more seriosuly then someone not chosen. However whether you agree with them or not would be your choice, and you wouldn't be forced to do anything special to either review such as review them. Also there could be the same for movies, though would be seperate if not merged together for the usergroup.

This isn't a review site it is an RP site. Any reviews or discussions on games can go in the chatroom as long as it's a discussion and not, "This game sucks!" or "This game is awesome!".

Video Chamber- Baiscully the youtube bin of this site, for people to post videos they found online. Just don't go beserk on posting them and no consquences will come your way.

I've been on KH since before the youtube bin and all I've noticed is that now people can get posts for posting in the youtube bin even if no one else on the site comments on a single video of theirs. If the video is important to a discussion and etc then just post it in the chatroom and have a discussion but if it's a video that you just HAVE to see because it's SO funny then you can PM people the vid. No need to post a video just for comments like, "Wow, that's so funny!" or "Great find, man!".

Fanfiction- It's a place to post your fanfictions about Avatar, Kingdom Hearts, or anything else you want. There's not much to it other then that so yeah...

This isn't a fanfiction site. Yet again, on KH all I see are people posting and getting their post counts up just for writing stories no one critiques. Now, if you're planning to get a critique on and already FINISHED fanfiction then post the entire thing up and you can have a discussion on what was good about it, what the flaws were, how it can be improved and etc. Technically, isn't this already a fanfiction since we're making fictional characters to interact with each other on an already established concept that someone else made?

Now Azmot, how does rage induce a form? No matter how angry Zuko ever got he never got an form because of it. It can affect the way you react to things but that's up to the users discretion and yes they can be proved useful but how does it make sense with the Avatar world?
Back to top Go down
https://avatarlegends.rpg-board.net
Azmot

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:53 am

It's mainly just the human body itself. Faster body reactions, harder hits, etc. Who's to say that it wouldn't extend to bending?
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:55 am

How would that be worthy of a form? All you would have to clarify is that you're throwing things faster and harder than you were previously.
Back to top Go down
Azmot

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:38 am

I'm saying that if anger can increase your strength, why can't it increase your bending ability?
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:52 am

Ah, you mean how as Katara was angry in season one she was able to break a glacier despite having a lack of control in her bending?

Hypothetically how would you suggest we measure the amount of anger to increase of bending ratio?
Back to top Go down
Azmot

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Well, it would depend on person to person, if you want to do it so tightly nit. Which would be annoying to do.

Or we can do it in a form like way, an Ultimate/Hyper mode of sorts. No Aesthetic change, just that of strength and metal status. And in other cases, it could be trigged with other emotions, which would be key. If you made the form template, it would say what emotion triggers it and what specific action triggers it. Like;

State Name; Death's Embrace.

Emotion; Disparity, Anger, & Depression

Trigger; Being emotionally and/or physically beaten to the point of depression.

Added Abilities; Increased level of bending, etc.

Post Duration; 5

Drawbacks; Decreased level of bending for 10 posts.

Just a little sketchline of what it would be. If you want it to be more specific, I will if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:28 pm

It doesn't seem like an idea that fits in the Avatarverse.

Maybe, if the series shows something along these lines then it can be incorporated but it just seems like an idea rather out of place in the universe this site is takes place in.
Back to top Go down
Zone

Zone

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:34 pm

You know, there could always be a use of drugs to induce an increased state of bending. Even though it isn't show in the Avatarverse, the technology to create them could still exist. However, once again, it'd be introducing an alien idea and forcing it into Avatarverse.
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Actually, a type of a drug or etc would be a lot more realistic than say a hyper form or etc and could produce the same results but I suggest waiting until the end of season one before discussing that even more.

That could even lead to interesting personal plots such as addiction to said drugs, bans for probending and etc but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Everyone's thoughts on Zone's idea?
Back to top Go down
Azmot

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Seeing as I said drug or something else, I'd agree with it. Different strengths of the drugs would be nice, a certain way to pertain them or a cap on how many you could have would be incorporated as well, I assume. All in all, it seems like a realistic notion for the universe.
Back to top Go down
Arack

Arack

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:57 pm

I think it makes a lot of sense to turn them into some kind of medience or drug, though if this is the case I think we should have a topic limit. In other words you'd have said amount of pills or whatever they come in and after you use all the pills up you can't use them for the rest of topic that way it'd be more realstic instead of shoving about eighty four of them into your mouth at once and keeping the boost going for the rest of the topic without frying out a single brain cell in the process. The amount would have to be reasonable though let me give an example.

Reasonable Example:

Amount of Pills: Two

Un-Reasonable Example: Three Hundred Thousand Pills

This would play a good role so you couldn't just use one then once the effects wear off use another, wrince and repeat.
Back to top Go down
Zone

Zone

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:20 pm

There would be obvious side effects. And in relation to real world drugs, it'd be like the bender version of steroids or whatever, and they would be assumable underground/illegal, due to the nature of them, so nobody would be walking around with a pocket full of them.
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Zone wrote:
There would be obvious side effects. And in relation to real world drugs, it'd be like the bender version of steroids or whatever, and they would be assumable underground/illegal, due to the nature of them, so nobody would be walking around with a pocket full of them.

This exactly.

We would even have to implement how different types of drugs would affect differently. A pill would hypothetically take 2 posts before the effects were reached where as say someone used a syringe filled with the liquidized substance they would get the effects immediately. Each obviously with different draw backs, some more severe and then different levels of potential addiction and etc. Although, the addiction thing would be more for a personal plot device.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Few Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Suggestions   A Few Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Few Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: Legends :: Getting Started :: Suggestions-
Jump to: