Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Avatar RP site.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Azmot

Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Empty
PostSubject: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Name: Ring of Excellence
Type: Metal Bender's Ring
Description: Expressed in the picture below.
Accessories: This ring is incredibly dense, allowing Metal Bending to take place on it. This allows for more metal to be extracted and bent from the ring, though it will obviously be less dense. This ring, however, has a very specific shape that is the easiest to muster. It can pop out in the form of a buckler-sized metal shield. Because Azmot is a novice, despite his training, he can only form this with the ring, OR, if he chooses not to make it take this form, he is able to muster up a simple metal tendril, as expressed by many in the Metal Bender's force. This ring is very dense and too unwieldy to have it on except when in battle. The largest this ring's metal can contain is the amount in the 10 foot long metal tendril/The shield.

Name: Ring of Serpent's Stone
Type: Metal Bender's Ring
Description: Expressed in the picture below.
Accessories: This ring is incredibly dense, allowing Metal Bending to take place on it. This allows for more metal to be extracted and bent from the ring, though it will obviously be less dense. This ring, however, has a very specific shape that is the easiest to muster. It can pop out in the form of a snake, which can extend itself to 5 feet before the ring is dissolved into it's husk. This snake is 3 inches wide in approximate girth, and it's entire body is made of metal.Because Azmot is a novice, despite his training, he can only form this with the ring. This ring is very dense and too unwieldy to have it on except when in battle. The largest this ring's metal can contain is the amount in the snake.

Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone LargeAnimePaperscans_Katekyo-Hit-10%255B1%255D

(Excellence is on the Index, and Serpent's Stone is on the middle.)

Last edited by Azmot on Thu May 24, 2012 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics
Bending: 50

PostSubject: Re: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Please refer to this topic:
https://avatarlegends.rpg-board.net/t10-bending-progression

Would you still like for me to look at these now or once you have reached the post count required to actually metalbend?
Back to top Go down
https://avatarlegends.rpg-board.net
Azmot

PostSubject: Re: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:36 pm

I wish for these to still be looked at. Just because Azmot has the rings and I want it to be noted.
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics

PostSubject: Re: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Of course. Well one issue I have is understanding the physics.

While yes it is a fantasy site that avatar world still has some type of physics and even the metalbender cops can only bend what they have wire wise.

There's only so compact you could get. Perhaps if they were bigger objects then it would be realistic in this universe but I personally am not seeing it.

Counter arguments?
Back to top Go down
Azmot

PostSubject: Re: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Well, yes, you can only condense something so much. I have a few points to hit before I continue, though.

1. In the Anime, there are metal disks that shoot out metal of a seeming infinite length, and multiple ones to boot.

2. Something called a Neutron star is merely 30km, on average, in size. However, a teaspoon's amount of this star is about as dense and heavy as three elephants.

That said, I can increase the weight of the rings so there unwieldy and I have to keep them in a pocket or something.
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics

PostSubject: Re: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Metal is not a Neutron Star and cannot be made as dense (obviously) due to subatomic differences.

However, I'm liking that suggestion of compensating for size and density by making it heavier in an unwieldy way.

Although, on top of that you would have to define the maximum amount metal that can be made from this.

As in...is the snake and the shield the largest objects they can be turned into or are there specific sizes that the snake and shield just happen to fall under?
Back to top Go down
Azmot

PostSubject: Re: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:57 pm

They are the largest it can possibly be. Period.
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics

PostSubject: Re: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Please edit that in and the whole density issue.

Also, this need not be edited as long as it is stated in the topic but keep in mind while metal bending the more compact the structure then the heavier the structure would be.

Bump when done and we'll be on our way.
Back to top Go down
Azmot

PostSubject: Re: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:04 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
Iluq

Iluq

Statistics

PostSubject: Re: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:05 am

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone   Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rings of Excellence and Serpent's Stone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar: Legends :: Creation :: Armory-
Jump to: